If your roof is damaged in a winter storm, hailstorm, hurricane, tornado, by falling branches or debris, or other incident, your homeowners insurance policy may cover the cost of repair or replacement. Here are some tips on filing an insurance claim that can help to speed the process and get your roof restored quickly.
- Call a professional roofing contractor to inspect the roof and document damage, including a written description and digital photographs
- Ask for a written estimate for repair or replacement of the roof
- Call your insurance company and notify them of the damage
- Have the following information ready when you call to file the claim:
- Location of the home
- Policyholder name
- Date of the storm or incident
- Time of the incident
- Cause of the damage (wind, hail, trees, etc.)
- Detailed description of the damage
- Age of the roof
- Obtain a claim number from your insurance company
- The insurance company will assign an adjustor to your claim
- Tell the insurance company that you want your roofing contractor present when the adjustor arrives to inspect the damage
- Get the adjustor’s name and cell phone number to speed the process
- The adjustor will call to schedule a time to visit your home and inspect the roof
The final determination of the value of the claim will be made by your insurance company, based on the report from the insurance adjustor. Depending on the age of your roof, the amount paid may be less than the full cost of repair or replacement (due to depreciation). This figure can sometimes be negotiated. Your roofing contractor can help by providing a detailed damage report and a detailed repair estimate.
Get a Free Quote and be Entered to Win a Free Roof!
We Were Totally Pleased
A Plus Roofing recently replaced our roof, and we were very pleased with their professionalism, attention to detail, and the overall quality of the job they did. From the initial quoting process, during which Bill Kain explained how they would do things and the extra things A Plus Roofing would do to make the job look and go well, to the care of the actual workers in protecting everything around our house as they did their work, to the final cleanup of the job, we were totally pleased with our choice in contractors. I plan to use A Plus Roofing for other work on my house in the future (gutters done with roof, siding and window work in the plan), and I will heartily recommend them to all of my friends and neighbors without hesitation.
Very professional. Did exactly what they said they would do. No surprises.
The experience with A+ Roofing was excellent. I would recommend this company for their courteous, professional, and efficient service and expertise. We are most pleased with our new roof and the workmanship of the project. The roofing crew was amazing to watch....so hardworking and professional. Mr. Kain was in touch during the whole project and we knew were in good hands. Many thanks!
We Are Very Satisfied
This was our first roofing experience. We checked the company out online and asked the company for references from previous jobs. I talked to two previous customers (1 asphalt roof and 1 metal roof on residential homes) and both couldn't say enough good things about the company, their crews and the quality of their work. We are very satisfied and would definitely recommend them to others.
Would Definitely Recommend!
The team was professional and thorough. The house looks like a completely different house with the beautiful new roof! There was not a speck of debris left in our yard. After the roof was on and the materials were cleaned up, I was impressed to see the workers carefully going around our whole property using giant magnets to pick up any loose nails that may have fallen. We've had over a foot of snow and several heavy rains and have been very snug under our new roof. Would definitely recommend!